3.23.2010

Wedding Plans.

The Reverend and I registered on Friday at Bed Bath and Beyond and Macys. Let me first say, I had NO IDEA how long that takes. We spent a good 4 hours at Bed Bath and Beyond and then took a quick break and headed out to Macys. We are pretty much easy going when it comes to all this wedding stuff. I think the older you get the less you really care about this "perfect" wedding. Reality is - it is going to be 4 hours of our life and we'd rather use the money in other ways that are a little long lasting.

So, back to the registry marathon day (and other wedding choices). MAN-O-MAN are there SO MANY choices to be made, what color towels, what color flowers, what table linens, what kind of sheets, what color sheets, what type of dishes, which pans, which glasses,.. and the list goes on.. and on.. and on!!

Now those of you who know me, know that I am the outgoing personality with a little bit of a "get it done attitude" in there and The Reverend, well he is the complete opposite. Mr. Responsible with a lot of the "get it done attitude". It actually makes for a great balance in our relationship. When it comes to making choices though - both of us want to make sure that we have all the facts and make an educated choice. This whole "registry marathon day" felt like a lesson in making a choice and moving on. After four hours at Bed Bath and Beyond, I got in the car and start doubting whether or not that ONE item was really what I wanted. HAHAHA!! The Rev champed this out, encouraged me by saying we can always take it back IF we get it and in the end we didn't really change many of the choices we had made. I guess this is just the start of a lifetime of decisions that will need to be made.

Photo of the day: My sister and I at the beach for my Dad's Annual Beach & Bucket of Chicken Father's Day. Not sure why, but I LOVE this photo. It makes me laugh all the time.

1 comment:

christy gallo said...

heck yes on the photo. dude... what were we doing?