5.05.2010

101 Days to go.

So, I got my wedding dress and I LOVE it! But can I be honest and say the whole experience was a little too much for me. I actually had a really hard time with the entire thing and wasn't really looking forward to it. Isn't that sad!!!!! I felt a TON of pressure to pick the right dress or to have the first one be "perfect". I had cruised threw magazines for months and not one dress stood out to me. They all kinda looked the same after a while. Not to mention that at EVERY shop I went to (6 total) I kept getting lectured that I was "late to the game, and there are going to be fees." It got kinda old, but eventually I kept having the style narrowed down until I found THE dress. not what I had initially thought, but it was the only dress I put on that I felt like me. so WHEW that was over.

I have come to realize that I am not over excited about the wedding, but I am SO excited to be married and super stoked about our honeymoon. We are going here and we get to fly first class/ business class there (Thanks to my mom's expiring airline miles!). I am not sure why I am having this adversion to planning the wedding - maybe it is because this entire "wedding industry" is over priced and I just don't see the point. Invest in your future, not just one day. With all that said... I still want my "day" to be perfect - and if I have shared that with my family and friends, well it will be. That is what matters to me.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

HOLY COW!!! That place looks amazing! I'm so excited for you. You know what? Probably too many girls are more excited about the wedding than the marriage...so you have it perfectly right!!! Can't wait until we can get together and I can hopefully see a pic of that dress!!

susan said...

Hi Ruth (Kelly's sister here.) Funny because I read your post then started to leave a comment - but realized Kelly wrote what I was going to. Guess we think alike. =)

Better to be excited about the marriage than the wedding - it lasts a LOT longer!!! =) So happy for you. =)

Susan =)