3.01.2010

Cars & Money.

So, one of the things that Jason has mentioned he would like to change once we actually get married is my car. Now, I love this car. I have been the proud owner for almost 9 years. The best feature is that it's paid off. LOVE THAT! (For those of you interested, I FULLY subscribe to Dave Ramsey's idea on paying for cars you can check it out here.) Best of all my car is a convertible and, in so cal where it rains so little, makes for a great getting around town car. Especially when the air is so nice out. (for those of you who know the smell that comes with a convertible when it rains - that is my LEAST favorite part of this car)

Well, on Saturday, my little VW just decided to stop working as I crossed the intersection to our church. BUMMER. I was able to pull over to the side and call for help. While I was sitting there waiting for the tow-truck, I opened the glove compartment and it broke!!! HUGE Bummer. I think when one thing goes wrong on a car it just amplifies all the other little things. So there I am sitting and almost in tears because I feel like it is falling apart when I look down and notice a tear in my seat fabric. SERIOUSLY UGH, because not working wasn't enough. I used to think Jason was crazy for wanting to get rid of my little car, but I think I would have sold it to the first reasonable offer on Saturday. So, now I am patiently waiting to hear what is wrong, how much it will cost to fix and taking some time to "just look" at the cars available.


2 comments:

Alicia Karlsson said...

Ahhh your car. I will never forget her, We have had some good times in that thing. I was with you when you bought it up in the middle of no where LA I think it took like 6 hours before we left there. Ha ha ha good times. :)

Joshua Middlekauff said...

so what ended up happening? (This is Josh)